Your homepage is like the front of a brick-and-mortar store. The content and images you present to website visitors create the first impressions that will either entice customers to walk through the “door” to learn more, or turn back and head to the next business on their list (or Google search).
The following tips can assist you in setting up a homepage such that prospective clients, returning customers and random web browsers, alike, find the information they need, compelling them to click through, engage, and learn about your products and services.
- Tell them who you are. Don’t write a novella, but do include a brief summary of who you are and what you do. Use the homepage to spotlight a few of your most popular products and services. If they can’t figure out who-you-are/what-you-do from your homepage, they’re likely to bounce to the next SERP listing.
- Tell them the news. Have any interesting news or upcoming events? Post a blurb or image with links on the homepage, labeled under “Find Out More.” This will let visitors know your site is up-to-date, as well as what’s going on in your company.
- Engage them. Inspire perspective clientele to interact and engage further with your site by posting CTA’s that make them sign-up, sign-in, learn more about a product/feature, etc.
- Use visuals. Copy is important but visuals are critical for getting a site visitor interested. Use enticing visuals and graphics, make sure they’re small enough that the page loads quickly and try to get the bulk of the information above the fold so visitors aren’t scrolling around too much.
- Be clear. Make sure your homepage is holistically clear. Be clear about your who your audience is, their problems, and how your company offers solutions.
Would you like assistance setting up your homepage? If you’re still lost in terms of website design, be sure to contact us at Local Business Marketing Solutions.